Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SO grateful






for dogs. Hershey, my first dog, died when she was 15. just 2 years ago. she wasn't the first dog I lived with, but she was MY first dog, as in mine all mine. I named her, took care of her, everything. LOVE YOU, MIMIS! I taught her some really funny tricks, but my all time fave was when I would say "Show me your facial features!" she would put her face on my hands. I grew up with her and she waited up for me as I got home from proms, parties, all of it. She was there when I got shitty grades, when I got good grades, and she wanted to sleep with Ammon every time Amms came down to Brasil. It was so cute.

And then, there is Boomer and Petunia. Those two are my first "my responsibility only" dawgs. They are so easy though, they teach me much more than I teach them.

I I am grateful for all the messes Boomer makes, and it makes me so happy to see the Toonce sleeping by the fire.

No comments: