Wednesday, December 10, 2008

rabbit's foot

I consider myself a very lucky girl. I have a wonderful life with wonderful parents and husb, and I am usually really healthy, except for these nasty colds I've been getting. As I went in to get some blood tests this week (4 years ago, when my dad was murdered, I had a seizure due to stress and lack of sleep) to check how my bod is functioning, I started thinking about Val. Val, named Valdeci Matos dos Santos, is one of my best friends. She is 32. She has two kids. She is GORGEOUS (she is black with green eyes). She loves dogs, chocolate cake, rice with beans and guaranĂ¡. She tells really good jokes and can kill a cockroach faster than anyone I've ever seen. Not only that, but she is able to hit the cockroach's head, so no juice comes out when it is smashed. She makes me perfect french fries. She is the only reason my mom is able to come and visit me in Utah, because mommy dearest only trusts Val to take care of the pups. Val is AMAZING. And Val found out a few weeks ago that she has Cancer. She had HPV a long time ago and never took care of it (couldn't afford it), so it turned into a very agressive tumor. My mom is taking her to every doctor she knows of, and Val will be getting surgery at the hospital I was born in soon. She is very afraid, it breaks my heart to see her cry. It was so hard to see my grandma die because of Cancer, and my step dad had Cancer (he is cured now), and now my grandpa is battling it...it's crazy. Cancer is so awful. If I was a doctor, I would focus solely on finding a cure for Cancer. This disease has affected me on so many levels, I wish it didn't exist.
I feel so blessed to be healthy. I always worry about so many things, and as soon as I start to think about Val and how she feels right now it's like none of it matters, because everything I am worried about can be fixed.

No comments: