Thursday, December 4, 2008

candyland

What can I say about my passed few days? Of course there have been a few downs (like, 1), but other than that, my trip has been a 10 so far. I sleep in, I see my mom and dad and grandpa, I laugh with my snotty cousin, I pet my dogs, all my meals are prepared for me and I don't have to do dishes or make my bed...aaaah. What would I do without my Brasil? Cry. That's what I would do.

My Russian aunt lives in a parallel universe. It's either hilarious or totally scary, depending on the way you look at it. She gardens "all day" (1 hour) and says she is exausted. She then has a person come to her house to give her a manicure and pedicure, because she doesn't feel like driving. She called my uncle at work and told him that she wants peaches, so he has to bring some home. She then begins to show me a Sotheby's catalog and says she found a jeweler who is going to make her a necklace like the one that was up for auction that was owned by Athena Onassis. I like to pretend I am in a movie when she talks to me so I don't feel weird about any of the crazy stuff she mentions.

Tomorrow I will go horseback riding. I am very excited. My friend from the country club called me and she just bought a new horse for her jumping competitions, I'm pumped to try him out. I am also excited to ride my aunt's horse again. He is mean and I like the challenge. Hopefully I won't break any bones. I'll take some pictures tomorrow.

3 comments:

Tara Shirley said...

Sounds like you are having fun! What comment are you talking about that I didn't publish? There wasn't another one.

Ann said...

I am so glad that you get to be with your family. Have fun. We will keep somber, little Ammon as entertained as we can, but it is hard when you are gone and it is too cold for him to ride his bike much (his two true loves).

bonanzadance said...

If Tara and I can save money, would it be rude of us to invite ourselves down to visit for a week? You make your house sound as magical as "Never-Never-Land." ...but, your house doesn't have Michael Jackson so we wouldn't need to be afraid.