Monday, August 25, 2008

FANTASTIC.

So I haven't started my job yet but let me tell you, I can already tell it's going to be bad. I won't be giving any info about names because the blog world is insanely small and I am not planning on having anybody who works with me telling the other employees about it. So let's get started! Get ready to be grateful for your job.
So my boss, we'll call him Tucker (cause it rhymes with FUCKER) has been giving me attitude the moment we met. Let's go over a few of his comments, shall we?

"Oh look at this, I am TWO YEARS YOUNGER THAN YOU!", meaning "check me out, I am MANAGER of this awesome place you are going to have the privilege of working at!

"After working here for a year, you get a really cool pin. I am getting a really great watch next week for having worked here for 5 years, I can't wait!"

"Your watch is a Cartier, I would NEVER buy one of those."

Me: Tucker, can you help me with this form? English is my third language and I don't understand what it is asking...
Tucker: I am not allowed to help you, fill out what you understand.
Me: No, I just have one question.
Tucker: AGAIN, I AM NOT ALLOWED TO HELP YOU. DO YOUR BEST.
So then we call this number to report our answers and I told the lady that I didn't understand what the form wanted me to put and she then asked me why Tucksters hadn't helped me. Ah, the joys of dealing with sweet people.

I just called Tucker and asked when I can get trained. Here is our conversation:

Me: Hi Tucker, it's Flavia, how are you?
Tucker: FANTASTIC.
Me: Good! I was just wondering when I can come in and get trained...
Tucker: I had you scheduled for yesterday, WHY didn't you come in?
**FYI, Tucker gets annoyed every time I ask anything. I went into work to tell him about my hours and schedule, and he got annoyed and told me to tell him later when he had time to write it down. And on Thur when I went in for orientation, he told me to call him today (Monday) to see when I would get trained. So why the FUCK did he schedule me for yesterday?!?!?)
Me: Because no one told me...uhhhh...well, when can I get trained now?
Tucker: Call me back in two hours and we'll see.

WOW. Need I say more? I am going to cry. I felt like such an idiot! I decided I would kill him with kindness (or just plain kill him, at this point) but now, I feel like even if I do everything right, he will screw me over! Who is mean like that for no reason? Seriously! I don't think I've ever met a more arrogant man in my life. And, just to remind everybody, I will be making $7.35 an hour.
Please give me some words of encouragement, guys! C'mon!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Banana Republic better have some AWESOME clothes. If not, get out now! Run!

(Do I hear an Ass Face? Tara, are you there...?)

Laceski said...

Geez louise! That Tucker is a real gem... It's Banana Republic, Tucker. Get a grip. This is not the CIA. Oy!

Hang in there, F! If you need the Tucker situation taken care of, I think we all know someone who has some knife fighting skills that could really come in handy. ;)