Wednesday, August 6, 2008

WHY?

Why are my images not being loaded? This blows. I was all proud of my dinner and now I can't show it off! Whatever. I'll post it tomorrow and you'll all be jealous.
So I just got back from working out (no Tara, I still haven't lost those 10lbs I gained forever ago, make fun of me all you want) and it was hell on earth. There is a gym here in our apartment complex and it is pretty good, except when there are sweaty people in there with you. You see, I'm a selfish bitch. I like things to myself and I hate to share. I like it when the gym is empty and I can close my eyes and bite my bottom lip and sing with Rhianna and Kanye West. I'm nerdy like that.
After Mr. Sweaty left the elliptical today, I thought my troubles were over...no. 15 minutes into my workout, Betsy (she is like, the little tour-giver person of our complex. Maybe "mystery man" can tell me what that's called in English?) walks in the gym with a fresh batch of cookies. I love cookies. We have them fresh in the office every day. I avoid going to the office at all costs because of them. So anyway, the aroma fills the air as I am trying to focus on my workout. Next song on my play list? "dat dat dat dat dat don't kill me, can only make me stronger", sings Kanye. "I OWN this elliptical!" I think to myself. 10 minutes later, here comes Betsy with two really cute girly men eating cookies. She is showing them around the complex. Great. Only 30 more minutes left, easy. 10 minutes later, Jared, one of the maintenance guys, walks in and wants to chit chat. Dear Lord. After he leaves, Lee, the other maintenance guy, decides to come in. I'm not kidding. At this point, I resorted to desparate measures: I started listening to Kylie Minogue remixes. She gets me pumped like no other. I am a big fan of Euro Pop. I was listening to it so loud that when Jared walked in for the second time, he didn't even say anything. HAHA, in your face, Jared.
Now I am going to go hike with Ammon and my sweet, sweet dogs. I'll post pictures tomorrow.
Thanks for reading my blog, girls. I feel really cool.

2 comments:

Tara Shirley said...

You're cracking me up! You don't have 10 lbs to lose you crazy girl! But I totally understand the annoyance with people around while you're working out. Yesterday at the gym this girl actually asked me if I minded that she start working out on the treadmill next to mine. I couldn't believe how nice that was. I didn't mind this time, cause she was nice, but normally it really pisses me off!

I love to workout to the Euro pop and techno, BUT ONLY when I'm working out.

Tara Shirley said...

I'm sorry you had to find out our big news via my blog, Ammon was supposed to tell you! Brett told him yesterday afternoon (he called me to make sure)and I told him to tell you. Thanks for the million comments. HAHAHA, you're hilarious! And yes, we do need to hang out + Lacey.

And that is NOT a scrapbook stroller!! It's a cool illustration! Shut up, ok, I don't scrapbook, I just work for a scrapbooking company! haha.