Friday, August 22, 2008

I just want to tell you guys how fucking (woohoo!) proud I am of my country getting all these medals at the olympics. And by "all these medals" I mean 8.
I think people don't understand how hard life in my country is. If you are good at a sport, your chances of getting a sponsor are pretty slim. the guy that won a bronze medal for judo said that it took him 10 years to go from brown belt to black belt because he didn't have the $100 to pay for the test that he would have to take. And that's so awesome that he didn't give up! His mom and aunt mentioned that they would only have bread and water to eat sometimes, but the guy still went to Judo practice. And then you see a guy like Michael Phelps, who does NOTHING but swim all day and people are amazed at what a good swimmer he is. c'mon.

No comments: