Wednesday, January 14, 2009

oui!


french class is hard, but i determined to learn that language even if it kills me. my dad is so proud, you have no idea.
yesterday during class i mentioned i was from brasil (probably the first words i ever spoke in that class...BRASIL PRIDE!) and today this boy that sits next to me (and asks really obvious questions) thought he'd ask ME a few questions as well. here is how it went down:

Boy: so you're from brasil?
Me: yes! it's the best place ever!
B: i don't know, i'm kind of neutral about it.
M: have you been there?
B: no, why should i go...?!
M: no reason, just wondering...(I was starting to get pretty annoyed, obvs)
B: so are you LDS?
M: uuuuh...?
B: you're NOT mormon?!?!?!?! (he was shocked, to say the least)
M: no, i'm catholic.
B: WHY?
M:...?
B: i mean, that's weird...!
M: how is being catholic weird?
B: it just IS. it doesn't make sense!

after that, i told him i had to get back to my magazine and we could talk later. thanks for saving my ass, Vogue.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Was his name Christian and did he gaze of into space a lot tell you that you looked like some sort of farm animal?

Lacy and Ammon can back me up on this one.

Annie said...

Wow...this jerk sounds about like the random guy who told Kati at the gym that she could 'come back to the fold.' People!!

Laceski said...

I hate living it Utah. Who are the parents out there who are teaching their kids to behave like this?! Learn a little tact, losers! And yes, Ann, Christian was the worst offender of them all... Although that kid at Kati's gym dererves to get smacked as well.

I have to admit, though, I do enjoy toying with this breed of idiot. They're just so stupid, it's almost too easy.

Melissa: said...

Wow. He sounds like a crazy.

Flavia, I have 3 things to say that have nothing to do with the weirdo in your class:

1. I really, really appreciate your advice about Lent. I am SUPER excited now because my silly goals will now have real meaning.
2. I love your blog.
3. I love your name. It is the prettiest, yummiest name (that's the only way I can describe it).
4. And you can stalk/comment on my blog anytime. Any friend of Ann's...

Okay, that was 4 things, but mostly I just wanted to say thanks!

-M