Monday, September 15, 2008

few things...

I'd like to start off this post by talking about my blog friend Annie. She and I "know" each other because of Lacy. Lacy rocks my world, btw. Anyway, I was snooping around in Annie's blog (which technically wasn't really snooping, since we "know" each other) when I came across a comment made by one of her friends saying I was a STRANGER. I would name this friend of hers, but I am too lazy to go and check. this friend of Annie's is pretty lame, in my opinion. What, is she Annie's Friend Police? Must she know of Annie's whereabouts? Jeez. Keep it up, Friend Police, your doing a great job.
Today I went into Ammon's work and when I went passed Ann's office, I saw her BE NICE sign. I giggle every time I see it. I think of that day, way back when, when all seemed doomed and hopeless. Ah, nothing like giving things time.
I have been so sensitive the last couple of days that I almost feel like I could be pregnant. No people, I'm not pregnant nor will I ever be, I am just sensitive like one of those pregnant ladies. I wish I could have an excuse for my wussiness other than mean customers at work, but the truth is I don't. I took the dogs out to pee before bed time last night and when I noticed little Boomie was eating one of those really cute leaf-shaped bugs (katie something...?), I started crying. Yeah, I know. I cried and cried, went to bed super late after crying to Ammon for two hours and when my alarm went off at 5am for work, I slept through it. Ammon woke me up at 6am and I barely had time to shower and brush the chompers. But to my surprise, what do I see as soon as I step outside? The katie whatever bug, standing up on her own and making little twitter sounds with her adorable wings. What happened after that? I cried. Scooped the little thing in my hands (I am PETRIFIED of touching bugs, so this took a lot of love) and took her over to the bushes. Then, as I got closer to work, the moon was out and the sky was so perfectly clear...so I thought of my fam in Brasil and cried some more. Seriously, what is wrong with me?
Work is going a lot better though and I think I am learning how to deal with things better. The coffee there is really good and kept me awake for most of my shift. I will hopefully start feeling entertained by the asshole costumers as opposed to crying about them to Amms when I get home. Ammon, btw, has once again amazed me with his patience and kindness. I am so sick of being a baby that I told myself if I can do better, I will reward my closet with a goodie. Perhaps a Marc Jacobs goodie. Mmm, Marc Jacobs.
PS: Annie, tell your Friend Police friend that she is dumb.
pss: thanks Jack and Ann, for making me feel better today.

4 comments:

Laceski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laceski said...

F, my love, I'm guessing you saw Adrianne's comments on Annie's pet peeves post. I think she was actually talking about that Ray guy who chimed in about the quick clotting agent, not you. I had to read her post a couple of times (I had to make sure no one was giving my Flavia a hard time, naturally), and she definitely said "he." Annie doesn't know that Ray guy at all. He just got alerted to her post because of the clotting agent and then commented twice.

Rest assured, your comments are always welcome. :) Annie thinks you're fabulous and totally reads your blog as well. And she's a Gossip Girl fan, so we're all kindred spirits.

Speaking of which, how off the hook fantastic was tonight's episode!? Awesome.

(Not sure what happened when I tried to post this the first time, but it turned out weird so I deleted it.)

Annie said...

I love that Ann has a "Be Nice" sign. I know I need a reminder sometimes...and sometimes I just like to tell it like it is. :)

I think Adrianne's comment was in reference to that Ray, the CEO from that company. I couldn't believe that he posted on my blog...twice! Kind of creepy the way he found my blog by me typing his company name ONCE. That'll teach me!!

And I will echo what Lacy said...your comments on my blog are welcome and anticipated greatly! Kindred spirits, indeed. (LOVED last night's episode of Gossip Girl!!)

Tara Shirley said...

"One of those pregnant ladies..." You mean ME Flavia! Am I irrationally emotional these days? Yes! so I totally understand! I'm sorry you are having a hard time at work, but it will get better. I cried every day for 3 months when I first started working where I do now. I hated it! But it got better and now it's ok. I don't cry so much. HA! And you totally deserve that awesome fall wardrobe you were telling Brett and I about. heheh.