Wednesday, September 3, 2008

*OMG* day

Get ready, cause this will prob be my best post ever. all the rest will just be average after this. Kind of like when Kevin Spacey did American Beauty.
So, I went to J. Crew today to chat with my friend and after, I was going into "that one store I work at" to return a shirt that looked FUG on me. So I sat and chatted with Lindsay (love that girl) and then made my way to "that one store". I got there and my manager goes, "you realize your shift starts on 5 minutes, right?" OOOOOOH my goodness. Did I get my sched via email? No. Did someone call me? No. I was told I'd get my schedule TOMORROW. Thank you Jesus, for having me go in and exchange that awful shirt. So I get changed in the back (I had bought a sweater and some adorable flats at Gap earlier, so I was totally on the ball), and off to the floor I went. I started out pretty shy, for the first 30 minutes I felt stupid even asking people how they were doing. That obviously all changed when a storm of people from some scam thing (like Xango and shit like that) came in. I guess there is a convention this weekend. I got proposed in marriage, my hand kissed twice and all of this was in only 15 minutes. I feel like fuckin' Miss America today. Total babe. Some total weirdos came in to the store too, it was so weird. And people leave all this shit in the dressing room, like no one will ever have to go in there and fold all their damn shirts and sweaters. UGH. But I had a REALLY good time. I was the only girl with 6, yes SIX gay guys and I could not have laughed more during those 5 hours. One of the guys (I'm not writ ting his name down for obvious reasons but I will tell it to you later, because it is an AWFUL name)kept checking himself out in the mirror the entire night. He kind of has that emo-spikey looking deal and he would like, do this little hip pop to the side and fix his hair. And he was SO moody...he rolled his eyes at me at least twice when I asked him questions. SHEESH! The other guy called me his LAMB (!!!) the entire night...either that, or "Flavia, my love". I need to have more people call me Lamb. Maybe I should change my blog to "The Lamb Blog". He would look at certain things before we put them away and was like, "LOOK THIS IS AWFUL MESS! THIS WOULDN'T EVEN LOOK GOOD ON KATE MOSS." He is a model for the one store I work at, so he is like, WOAH good looking. He told me a lot of stuff about his boyfriend. I wanted to ask him if anal sex really hurts as bad as I think it does, but I didn't dare. He would have totally been fine with answering though, he is cool like that. Then, my gay manager (not Tucker) got into a fight with the emo hair guy and emo hair started CRYING. I'm not even kidding. When I realized what had gone on, my mouth was open and I had rested all the items I was supposed to put back on the table. Oops. It's like a car wreck though, it's human to look at certain things. This lady came in with her daughter to look at black dresses and I almost started crying. They were so cute and really reminded of my mom and I, back in the ole days. OH and there were so many raunchy people that came in! JEEZ guys, you're SHOPPING! Turn that damn frown upside down. Haha and this really handsome older black guy liked a shirt that was kind of similar to one that was on sale, and he asked me if I could give him the sale price on the shirt that wasn't on sale because the fabric is kind of the same. Nice try, dude. And like I have any control over that, anyway.
Man, what a fun day. Time went by really fast and although my feet are sore and tired, I loved getting asked what my opinion on outfits were. And people totally listened, like I was Anna Wintour or something (she's the editor of Vogue, btw). And guys asked my opinion, too. About shirts, ties, pants...wow. I felt awesome.
Maybe my post isn't that awesome, I guess you had to be there to get the full effect of my one and only work day. I quit tomorrow. Our schedules came out and today is the only day I work all week. Yeah. Lord knows how these people pay their bills working only 5 hours a week.

1 comment:

Tara Shirley said...

HAHAHA, you wanted to ask him if anal sex really hurts.... HAHAHAHAH!!!!!