Sunday, September 14, 2008

wah wah wah

My first day sucked. That's why I didn't blog yesterday or the day before. All I can say is, please remember to not be complete fucker to people who are on the other side of the counter, because believe me, they are just as good as you...and in my case, I'm probably smarter, funnier AND have a better sense of style than you.
I am working at the deli, sandwich and juice and java bar at Whole Foods. I love everybody that works there. EVERYBODY. Random employees just come up and say hi. It's the shit. And there is this guy named Wesley who is like, the king of all cool 19 year olds. He dresses cool, he looks cool...he is one cool mother fucker. If you saw him down the street, I promise you'd be like WOAH. We laugh all day long.
So Wes and I were chilling, slicing some stuff for the sandwich bar when this guy, apparently from Bosnia, asked me to slice some Chipotle Turkey for him. Bastard, I'll never forget that guy. Anyway, first off, the slicer is the scariest thing ever. I'm not shitting you, that thing is sharp and makes me feel like at any moment my finger will be chopped off. So yeah, I grab the turkey for the fucker, asked him if he wanted it thin, he said yes. I slice it for him, a whole pound, and the guy goes CRAZY on me. NO NO NO NO, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO DO ANYTHING! THIS IS FALLING APART, I DON'T WANT THIS TURKEY! MAKE THE SLICES WIDER, WIDER! MY WIFE IS GOING TO BE VERY UPSET ABOUT THIS!!! Yeah. laugh about it...I am laughing now, but I didn't laugh then. I actually cried when I got home. It's hard to have people think you are shit because you work at the deli counter or just at a grocery store. This other snotty lady came up to me (I also put food in little containers...we have like wild rice and tofu and stuff that you can just get ready) and she goes, I HAVE TWO POT LUCK DINNERS TONIGHT, I'M GOING TO BE EXAUSTED. Yeah lady, what a joyous life you have...two fucking pot luck dinners?! WOAH, that's like. the equivalent of being invited over to Demi Moore and Ashton's house for a party.
But yesterday was GREAT. I got to be in a little corner and make sandwiches and not really help anyone. EW I scooped gross egg salad with an ice cream scoop and put it on the bread. It stunk. I was fun, though! And then while I was watching the case so Wes could go smoke outside (told you he was cool...cool people smoke cigs!) some 13 year old girls started talking to me. These two little ladies made my fucking night. They told me I was pretty. They loved my earings. They thought the fact I was from Brasil was like, the coolest thing ever...so I hooked the two ladies up! I got them free cupcakes and chips. That's what I'm talking about...the two C's. You are nice to me, I am nice to you.
I work tonight again AND next Fri, Sat and Sun. Hopefully the weekend after that I will be free. I will take some pictures soon so you guys can see how bitchin' my job is. If anyone wants to come in and visit, please do! :)

2 comments:

Ann said...

Flavia - Sometimes it is really hard to know if you think something is good or bad because you use swear words when you think something is awesome and when you hate something.

:)

chucho said...

Thanks Ann, I'll keep that in mind for the post I'm about to write!